When I received word that we’d be bringing food to work, my first thought was “almonds.”
So, I toasted some almonds with a little sugary goodness last night. Took a little longer than expected because I didn’t follow one step of the instructions.
But, wow. They were am-ah-zing! (I collected testimonials from several coworkers today-I’m proud of my skillz).
Per request, I decided to post the recipe (which I found on Pinterest).
Get all of this stuff.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Do all of these things.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg white and vanilla until frothy but not stiff.
- Add the nuts, and stir until well coated.
- Mix the sugars, salt and cinnamon into the nut mixture. Toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool. Store nuts in airtight containers.
Ok, I scooped out an entire bowl to take to work. I didn’t plan to write a post until about an hour ago. But don’t they look yummy?