I found recipes for healthy versions of comfort foods and finally decided to make one tonight.
Anya had plans tonight and I wanted to make Logan’s favorite dinner, which is chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. OK, so I just made the chicken nuggets.
8 Chicken fillets or 4-5 breasts (cut into strips)
2.5 cups of Cornflakes
1 tsp of Sage
1 tsp Thyme
3 TBSP of dijon mustard
1. Blend the cornflakes with the seasonings (but don’t use your Bullet if it’s about to die. It makes and awful sound and smells like burnt metal)
2. Use a pastry brush to put dijon mustard on chicken strips.
3. Then, dip them in the cornflake mix.
4. Lay them all out on a sheet of wax paper in a pan. (Use the wax paper, you will never get the pan clean)
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (Although mine took about 15. So yeah, make sure they are done before you eat them).
I mixed up a little honey mustard for dipping and these things were awesome. In fact, Logan preferred them without the sauce. You know, so he could really taste the geniusly blended flavors.
Winner, winner chicken dinner!